Baidu Comate, an AI-powered coding assistant, is built upon the Wenxin model (Ernie 4). It is designed to generate code predictions from previous codes and translate natural language into programming languages.
During its trials, developers were able to successfully implement 30% to 50% of the AI-generated code.
This tool enhances coding efficiency with a range of features:
- Real-time code continuation: Generates complete code blocks during coding.
- Code generation from comments: Creates functions based on comments.
- Conversational code generation: Generates code through natural language dialogue.
- Unit test generation: Automates unit test creation for functions.
- Comment generation: Produces documentation and inline comments.
- Code optimization: Improves code quality, such as by refactoring long functions.
- Code explanation: Offers explanations for complete or selected code segments.
- Technical Q&A: Provides answers to development-related questions.
It also integrates with IDEs like VS Code, IntelliJ IDEA, GoLand, PyCharm, WebStorm, CLion, PhpStorm, and Android Studio, enabling easy installation and use.
The tool is designed for simplicity and efficiency, aiming to reduce coding time and improve productivity. It analyzes code context, dependencies, and adjacent file logic, resulting in high-standard and coherent code.
Developed with over 20 years of Baidu’s programming data, Comate is becoming a popular choice among Baidu engineers, known for its user-friendly interface and cost-effective benefits in software development