The Show Me Diagrams plugin is a tool that can generate visual diagrams based on user prompts.
It’s designed to help explain concepts, processes, or systems in a visual format, making it easier for users to understand complex information.
Here’s how to use it:
- User Prompts: The plugin can be invoked when a user asks for a visual explanation of a concept, a process, or how something works. For example, “Explain how a car engine works using a visual diagram,” or “Show me a diagram of the water cycle.”
API Response: After receiving the API response, the assistant will provide the diagram in the following order:
- Render the image inline using the provided image URL.
- Provide a link to view the diagram in a new tab.
- If an edit link is provided, offer the user the option to edit the diagram online.
- If applicable, provide the diagram code.
- Provide a link to the diagram documentation.
- Suggest ideas to improve the diagram.
- Suggest exploring more types of diagrams.
- Improvement Ideas: The assistant can provide ideas to improve the diagram when the user asks for it.
- Exploring Diagrams: The assistant can show a carousel of diagram images or provide a list of different types of diagrams and languages when the user asks for it.
Example prompts for using the plugin could be:
- Show me a diagram of the photosynthesis process.
- Can you explain how a computer works with a diagram?
- I’d like to see a visual representation of the water cycle.
- Can you show me a diagram of a car engine?
Show Me Diagrams plugin in action
I asked Chatgpt to give me a visual diagram that illustrates how ChatGPT works, and it returned the following:
Here is a diagram illustrating how ChatGPT works:
In this diagram:
- A user provides an input to ChatGPT.
- ChatGPT processes this input using a machine learning model.
- The machine learning model generates an output, which ChatGPT uses to form a response.
- This response is then returned to the user.
The type of the diagram is a graph in Mermaid language. To view ideas for improving the diagram, use the key phrase “show ideas“. To view other types of diagram and languages, use the key phrase “explore diagrams“.
Here are some of the ways you can use the Show Me Diagrams Chatgpt plugin in real life:
- Customer Journey Mapping: Visualize the path taken by a customer as they engage with a product or service, from initial contact to conversion and beyond.
- SWOT Analysis: Generate a visual representation of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats for a business or project.
- Project Timeline: Outline key milestones and deadlines in a project in a clear, visual format.
- Software Architecture Illustration: Depict the structure of a software system, including various components and their interactions.
- Database Schema Design: Create an entity-relationship diagram to represent the structure of a database, including tables, fields, and relationships.
- Scientific Process Explanation: Illustrate a scientific process, such as photosynthesis or the water cycle, in a sequence or flowchart diagram.
- Network Topology Mapping: Show the layout of a computer network, including various devices and their connections.
- Organizational Chart Creation: Display the structure of an organization, including various roles and their relationships.
- Product Lifecycle Illustration: Depict the stages in a product’s lifecycle, from development through to retirement.
- User Interface Design: Generate a wireframe or mockup to show the layout of elements on a screen.
- Decision Tree Visualization: Represent a decision tree, showing various outcomes based on different decisions.
- Templates: You can use this plugin to create marketing templates for different use cases