Perplexity AI is an AI search Engine that leverages the power of the GPT series of models, WebGPT, and Bing Index to return relevant responses to user queries. This tool, like any other search engine, is capable of answering any type of question, as it has access to the web.
You can leverage this tool to:
- Get answers to your questions
- Summarize content
- Do deep research on a given topic.
One thing to note is that the accuracy of the responses you get with Perplexity Ask is limited by the content returned by the search, and the AI capabilities in understanding content and context. As a result, some of the responses might still be inaccurate, biased, or even offensive.
Luckily, Perplexity includes citations in its answers, making it easier to verify contentious information before using them for your research purposes.
Perplexity AI vs ChatGPT vs New Bing AI
Comparing the responses you get from these three tools on similar queries, Perplexity AI and New Bing AI win over ChatGPT when it comes to the accuracy and relevancy of the response.
However, Perplexity falls short in giving complete answers to the queries. ChatGPT, though not great for up-to-date information, can return complete answers that follow the user’s queries and formatting guidelines. The New Bing also does really well in giving complete answers to complex search queries.
Other limitations of Perplexity AI:
- Inability to generate code
- Cannot compose creative works like poems, stories
Pros of Perplexity Ask search engine
Here are some advantages of using this AI search engine:
- No annoying ads top, bottom, and right of the SERP page
- Doesn’t require account creation for you to use the tool
- Provides a quick summary for your queries from multiple sources
- Cleaner web interface
- Ability to ask follow-up queries on a topic.